Water quality is very important. Pure water is bliss that maintains our health and body lively. What if you were unaware of water status till now? Something’s not right with water then you need a water softener for your home.
Water in many regions is polluted with chemical and organic pollutants that cause health problems. If you want to get rid of any such health hazards you need to a whole house water softener system installed as soon as possible. However there are many softening systems available in the market, how to choose the ideal one?
This tutorial will help you to compare and review Whole House Water Softener Systems of 2019.
The list consists of top 5 House Water Softeners with detailed study:
Hard Water Troubles:
Hard water causes scaling, laundry firmness, white casts on appliances like boilers, heaters and clogs pipes. Cleaning is tricky which involves time and energy. Because of concentrated minerals, water consumption is high ultimately leading to energy wastage.
Clothes lose luster and stains are left behind. Bathroom sink, bathtubs, and tiles feel tiles stained and also cause plumbing issues. Hard water decreases the life span of the appliances and tastes different. If you are experiencing these issues, the water you are consuming is hard water.
Why Water Softeners?
People often misconceive that hard water is safe for drinking. Hard water probably has ill effects for domicile it increases cardiovascular diseases, skin related problems, growth retardation, and reproductive issues.
All the water based appliances experience an early breakdown. That stubborn limescale is hard to get off. A water softener system is connected to the primary water pipeline for removal of water hardness and with advanced filter options, water is made drinkable too.
5 Best Whole House Water Softeners:
Water softeners are installed to abolish water hardness present in form of minerals like calcium and magnesium. Basically water softeners are categorized into four segments:
- Salt-based Softeners
- Salt-free Softeners
- Magnetic Softeners
- Reverse osmosis
Aquasana 6 Year, 600000 Gallon Whole House Water Softener:
The Aquasana Water filter system processes up to 600000 Gallon water and lasts 6 years. It is a high-performance product which provides better tasting and clean water for various purposes.
It is environment-friendly as there is no backwash cycle or drainage system involved. It is ideal for long term usage.
- Removes 97% Chlorine and other contaminants
- Reduces other chemical pollutants like lead, mercury, and pesticides
- Water is made apt for daily household chores. Hairs and skin texture gets healthier.
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Reduces other chemical components that are hazardous to health
- It is fine for the entire house
- Fluoride is not removed
- PEX tubing is not included in the installation kit. So you need to purchase it.
Pelican NaturSoft Salt-Free NS6
Price: 1,413.28 (For 1 to 3 bathrooms)
Pelican is a predictable pick as it does not uses salt for water softening. It has a water flow rate of 15 gallons per minute. Best for the large house it comes with two categories for 1 to 3 bathrooms and the other is good for 4 to 6 bathrooms. It comes with 1-inch bypass valve fitting and installation kit manual.
- Capacity: 15 Gallons per minute
- 1” Bypass Valve
- Installation Kit
- Prevent 99. 6 percent limescale buildup
- No salt required, hence less wastage
- No reverse osmosis system so cost effective
- Zero water and energy wastage
- The filter needs to be replaced in every 6 to 9 months
- Tackles 1282 mg minerals per liter, hence slow working sometimes
Fleck 56SXT 48000 Grain Digital SXT Metered Whole House Water Softening System
The Fleck 56SXT 48000 Grain Whole House Water System is an affordable and easy maintained product to deal with hard water. It comes with a Fleck bypass valve for efficient and smooth supply of soft water to the entire home.
It is a 48000-grain water softener with a flow rate of 12-gallon water per minute. It is sufficient to serve six people. Densely packed high hold resin cleanses all present.
- Capacity: 48,000 grains
- Flow rate: 12 GPM
- The brine tank is equipped with safety float
- Includes 1-inch male thread yoke
- Digital Metered
- It is designed to work even in extreme conditions
- High-quality and dense resin
- Durable and long lasting
- No low salt indicator present
- Drainage tubes do not come with the kit
ABC water Built Black Water Softener:
ABC Water Softener System comes with an Upflow Carbon Filtration which is one solution for the home. It has a capacity of 48000 grains upgraded resin with an increased 10 percent lifespan than past.
It is apt for 2 to 5 people. Product quality is improved and the valve has a warranty of 5 years. Technicians can be called for installation of the system. It won’t disappoint you.
- Capacity: 48000 grains
- Water consumption: 12 GPM
- High-density resin
- Installation kit provided
- Preloaded mineral tanks
- Easy usage
- Simple installation and maintenance
- Does not work upon concentrated iron
- Needs a large space for installation
Pentair Fleck 56SXT 48000 Grain Water Softener:
This water system is full-fledged includes a brine tank, mineral tank, valves, and 1-inch yoke. It comes with installation kit too. For an efficient system, it has upgraded resin.
Regions where chlorine level is higher in the water this system works well. This is why it is recommended for city water/ municipal water. It helps in the removal of contaminants and residues.
- Size: 48000 grains
- Digital meter control head
- 10 percent dense resin for upgraded performance
- 1” Yoke
- Efficient and reliable
- Easy installation
- 48000-grain capacity
- Ideal for city water softening (chlorine based)
- The bypass valve is plastic made, less durable
- Salt content is on the higher side
All the mentioned products are based on online product reviews, manufacturer product technology, and efficiency. The best amongst all is Fleck SXT and ABC water softeners.
Water Softeners should be chosen according to the water hardness, regions, durability, technology, and purpose. So choose wisely.